Let me start by saying that Washington DC is AMAZING!!!! I am interning at the Department of the Treasury in the Office of Strategic Planning and Performance Budgeting. I absolutely LOVE my job!!!! I have my own desk, voicemail, e-mail address, name plate and all that fun stuff!!!! It is a paid internship which makes it even better!!! In the office I basically gather research! Some of the research will be for the annual report, which goes to the President, and some is for a number of other projects that are going on in the office (I don't think I am at liberty to say). The people I work with are AMAZING!!!! They are all very helpful and very welcoming! The pictures should tell you most of the story here, but there is a little bit that I should add first.
My parents are AMAZING and ended up driving me to DC. I moved home from Mackinac on Monday, August 27th and to DC on Wednesday, August 29th. It was a rather quick trip home, but having my parents drive me made things a lot easier! The first night we were here we stayed with family right outside of DC then on Thursday morning I had an open house and a meeting with the Dept. of the Treas. to fill out forms. After I was done my parents helped me move into my apartment in Alexandria, VA. The apartment was nice, however the front desk gave me the wrong key and I moved into the wrong room. So when the person who was supposed to be in my room (her name was Marie, so I did not think twice when I saw the name, because people screw it up all the time) arrived that evening I had to move to my current room. The move was a good one though! My new roommates are AWESOME and we all get along GREAT!!!!! After I was all moved in I stuck around the apartment on Thursday, but then went out with my parents on Friday and Saturday! It was very nice spending some time with them! It was an enjoyable weekend! :)
But now for the story through pictures......
The outfit I wore on my first day of work! Yay for suits....but not when it is 90 degrees out like it was that day!
I am a pearl wearing business girl and LOVE it!!!!
The outfit I wore on the second day....this was way better for the temp. I have yet to wear pants to work...it is too HOT here! I love skirts!!!!! :)
My roomie Meagan and I! It is about 8 AM and we are waiting for the metro to arrive! :) She is AWESOME!!!! :)
The Department of the Treasury interns....three out of four at least!
This is my view when I eat my lunch! The first building is the Main Treasury building (the one on the back of all of your $10 bills) and the one right behind it is the White House....it is pretty SWEET!!!!
The Main Treasury building!!!!! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I have clearance to be inside it....it takes high security clearance.....yes I am IMPORTANT!!!!! I have been inside, but I get a full tour of it in a few weeks! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! I also get to tour the Bureau of Printing and Engraving soon!!!! This would be the place where they make the paper (fiat) money! I AM EXCITED!!!!! :)
My internship is AMAZING!!!!! :)
The table area on the roof of my building where I eat lunch!!! :) I LOVE it up here!!!! :)
The view from the other side of the building...on my way to the table area! :)
My outfit for the third day! This is for "casual" Friday.
The Capital at night.....SO PRETTY!!!!
From the front side!
Me being a tourist....but I took my brain with me unlike most!
Me, Taj (the very cute Capital Police who was patrolling that evening), and Meagan! We were flirting with this guy for a good half hour and totally missed some major hints from him about hanging out later.....yeah we are kicking ourselves! He was an Econ major!!!! WHOOP WHOOP! It was a good conversation that evening, he gave us a few tips on what to see, we chatted about economics, he teased me about how proud I am to be a Michigander (Michigan simply ROCKS and I was just trying to tell him this), and then he directed us to the Irish Pub in town!
Meagan and I on the steps of the Capital....you are jealous!
After a good long time of being lost we finally found the Pub and went in for a drink! There were two pubs right next to each other and we were going to have a drink at both, but after one we were ready to head home!
Meagan and her pretty Tequila Sunrise!
Only the best beer EVER!!!!
Me and my beer....YUM!
A sweet picture of all the glasses lined up!
Meagan and I at the Pub!
They had live music....but this guy just did not measure up to the Pub Runners on the Island!
The bar tender...he was much cuter in person!
I will try and make posts more often, but no promises! My class starts this week, I am in the honors program, so I have more work, and I am trying to ROCK OUT this internship so that I get either a job offer or a REALLY GOOD resume builder! I am having the time of my life and loving every minute of this AMAZING experience!!!!!!
If you would like my address just email me! :)
1 comment:
that sounds wonderful! i'm jealous!!!! good luck with all your adventures...
haha catch a cute one ^_~
Post a Comment