Monday, October 8, 2007

Lots to see...

It has been a while, I know, but I have been keeping pretty busy and have not had time to post! I have been reading the Harry Potter series and am quite addicted. I have a hard time putting the books down to do my homework, let alone post on my blog. So, when I am done with the seventh book I will post more often (I am currently reading book 6). I have never enjoyed reading this much in my life! :)
The internship is going very well! I am doing a lot of research and am learning loads of information that will put me ahead of the curve when I get back to school. This is turning out to be one of the best learning experiences I have every had.
The past few weeks have been quite adventurous....
I received a tour of the Inter-Americas Development Bank (the IDB)

The IDB

I got to meet the former Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta

He was a pretty AWESOME guy and a FANTASTIC speaker!

The Washington Monument
The American Red Cross Center
The Old EOB (Executive Office Building)

Stephanie and I! :)
She sailed into Mount Vernon and I went to visit her! :)
The grounds at Mount Vernon
They were B E A Utiful!
The room I stayed in at Mount Vernon
Pretty Snazzy! :)

I got a tour of The United States of the Americas...it is very similar to the UN.
This tree looks like plastic when you are looking at it, but it is real....it is odd!
George Washington in a toga....strange!
The meeting room
The United State's chair!!! They put the names in Spanish so the U.S. is somewhere in the middle.

The Metro trip home...ipods are a MUST in this city! Metro rides to and from work are typically spent reading my Harry Potter....they are most enjoyable! :)

The Treasury interns were given a tour of the main Treasury Building.....it is closed to the public! IT WAS AMAZING!!! :)

I love these stairs....they were so COOL!


The main Treas.
Such intricate work...it is B E A Utiful
Maine One taking off from the White House lawn....the first time we saw it! :)
My name badge for my cubical
My desk!
Marine One coming in for a landing!!!! I love where I eat lunch!!! :)


If you look really close you can see the President and the President of Iraq is just behind the tree.
This block was closed down for a week and had a million secret service, cop cars, and cops on it!it!!! This is the tamer view...but it was all because the President of Iraq was staying in this hotel (it is the building right next to the building I work in) My sister came to visit!!!!!!!!!!! :) IT WAS AMAZING!!!! :)
The National Basilica
My sister and I decided this would be a good place to go to Mass! :)
In the course of six Sundays I have been to four different churches....this is my favorite so far! :)
Finally the apartment pics I have been promising for weeks......

The living room and the dinning room/sun room in the back
The dinning/sun room
The kitchen
My bedroom....my bed is wicked comfortable! :)

My HUGE walk-in closet!!!!

and.....my bathroom

As you can see I am keeping very busy! I have more pictures from when my sister was here, but they are on her camera, so I will post them when I get them.
I am living it up here in DC and loving every minute of it!!! :)

No comments: