Thursday, September 13, 2007

DC Fun!

Everything is still going GREAT!!! I LOVE my job (my reading speed, comprehension, and even my spelling skills get better everyday) and I LOVE being in this AMAZING city! I am keeping busy, much busier than I ever expected to be, but I am taking it all in and living it up here in DC! :)


Meagan and I waiting for Marquita to arrive so we can finally get some dinner. Marquita brought my camera.....this is just one of many she took on her walk across the street!

My cousins took me to a Shaker Festival. This lady is blind and spins better than anyone I have ever seen! We chatted about spinning wheels for a while and it was AMAZING!
This just makes me laugh...it says fudgie!
This guy was fascinating!!!! He told me all about the printing press, how it worked, how the letters were made....everything I ever wanted to know about movable type!!!!! :)
Making the letter F piece....he let me keep it!!!! That was exciting!
This just made me laugh....oh, the plans we had for Patchouli oil!
My next project in the blacksmith shop (the letter opener with the leaf handle)
Another future project...I can't wait to start!
The blacksmiths loved me! They let me help! I GOT TO BLACKSMITH AGAIN!!!! :)
These two VERY NICE blacksmiths taught me how to do a pineapple twist...then let me keep it!
The Main Treasury! It is SOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!! :) The Main Treasury from another angle

The B E A Utiful Main Treasury building again. You should see the inside, it is even better, but you have to have clearance! :)

The White House! Yes, I took this picture.

I had some time before class, so I went exploring!

Another view of the White House. This is a block away from my work! :)
Me after work! I am EXHAUSTED.....this job is kicking my butt, but it is A BLAST!
The Washington Monument
The coolest bench I think I have ever seen! It is in the lobby of the BEP (Bureau of Engraving and Printing)!
$1,000,000 in $10 bills!
the Treasury interns got a tour of the BEP! IT WAS SWEET!!!!! I saw millions of dollars and learned all about how money is made!
The BEP! Everything is abbreviated in DC, it is a language all of its own!
The BEP from a different angle.

Laura with our triple S F! This is our abbreviation for the our Secret Service Sniper Friends!

If you look really close at the top of the White House you can see our sniper friends! VERY EXCITING!!!! :)

This is our lunch entertainment! Triple S F and having planes fly directly at our building and then watching them bank! Yeah, we are really exciting...hahaha! We have fun with just about EVERYTHING!!!!

Apartment pictures will be comming soon....I promise! :)

I am glad it is the weekend! I am planning on relaxing and catching up on some well needed rest ALL WEEKEND!!!! :)

2 comments:

Michael Litzner said...

You are now offically the governments bitch. And for that, I am so so sorry.


But I'm glad to see you are enjoying yourself.

Steph said...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use exclamation points with as much enthusiasm... See you in a few days!!!!